April 22 - April 29US$4000
Our first Hawai’ian Retreat!
Polish your fasting skills in the most beautiful place on the planet.
Are you new to fasting? Or, maybe you’re looking for an incredible, relaxing environment where you can build on your existing skills and join others with the same goals?
We’ve heard from our clients and community that they’re looking for an opportunity to fast with a group of like-minded folks and IDM staff. So, IDM is pleased to announce its first fasting retreat!
Kailua Kona is a beautiful area on the west coast of the Big Island of Hawai’i. Retreat guests will be guided through a four-day water fast in a spacious, private home, surrounded by the beauty of an incredible Pacific island. IDM health educators Terri Lance and Rachel Primo will be facilitating, supporting guests in this group fasting experience.
The retreat begins on Monday, April 22, 2019 and concludes the morning of Monday, April 29.
Guests will have time to acclimate, and will be well fed (low carbohydrate, moderate protein and healthy fat food) prior to beginning the fast.
We’ll then be there to assist in navigating an extended fast, providing knowledge and self-care practices, as well as activities to enjoy on the island. Guests will then be offered healthy options to break their fast and prepare for the rest of the retreat.
While basking in this beautiful and healing environment, guests will have time to rest, focus on self-care and engage in educational experiences about fasting and better health. There will also be opportunities to see some of the natural wonder of the island – beaches, volcano viewing and agricultural tours.
This Hawai’ian retreat includes:
- All meals on eating days, prepared and served by a professional catering/personal chef service. Coffee, tea, water and bone broth for assistance during both the fasting and non-fasting portions of the retreat.
- All transportation to and from the airport, as well as all retreat excursions on the island.
- All professional wellness offerings – such as massages and yoga sessions.
Please note that there is no need to have a rental car during the retreat.
Is this retreat for you?
Do you have:
- A good grasp of the basics of fasting and what’s involved
- A strong desire to participate and share in group activities
- A willingness to submit to an evidence-based process, led by an IDM team that demands commitment and honesty
- The determination to adhere to services and plans recommended by the IDM team
- The common sense to stop fasting and to eat if you feel unwell for any reason
We believe an open mind and a willingness to participate is instrumental when it comes to achieving health and weight loss goals – and it’s our honour to share this time together, as you navigate a fast and focus on nurturing your mind and body!
Want more details?
Because this is our first retreat offering, and given the location, we have limited space available. Please fill out the intake questionnaire if you’re interested in participating in this retreat.
Although there is limited space available for this first event, in future we’ll be developing programs to fit a wide array of needs and interests – so watch this space!
Hope to see you soon to experience this fasting retreat with us! Aloha!
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org