ARE YOU READY TO REVOLUTIONIZE YOUR HEALTH?
Metabolic Disease, Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity, to name a few, are a crippling reality in our world today. Driven by rising obesity, Type 2 diabetes is among the most common of all chronic diseases with just over 29 million people in the US being diabetic. The affected population is growing fast, with nearly 2 million new diagnoses each year. The numbers are staggering and the consequences of uncontrolled blood sugar can be severe and even fatal.
On July 13th, the ADAPT Team & Dr Eric Westman in partnership with local leading doctors, Dr Naomi Parrella, Dr Inbar Kirson & Dr Christy Kessleringwill be hosting an educational one day event based on the most up to date Science and therapeutic health benefits of a Low Carb Keto lifestyle.
Our experts will be sharing their extensive knowledge and years of experience with you on how to heal your body through a healthy eating lifestyle. Learn how many chronic diseases are preventable, and in many cases, even reversable, through Nutrition. Eating the proper nutrition is often more effective & more powerful than most medications, (which simply treat the symptom and not the cause). Listen to amazing success stories from people who’ve had life changing results of their own. Learn how they were finally able to take control of their lives to regain their health, and how their obsessive food/sugar cravings became virtually non existant by adopting a low carb keto lifestyle.
Together with Dr Westman, the ADAPT YOUR LIFE team is committed to educating, growing and supporting healthy communities around the world.
Join us for a fun filled day, meet the speakers in person, network with like minded people in your area, get inspired and be a part of this amazing and growing community.
It’s time to ADAPT!
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
- Carbohydrate and fat metabolism, insulin resistance, inflammation and chronic metabolic disease and how these can be reversed.
- The relationship between unhealthy, refined and processed foods and how it relates to chronic illness
- How to become a FAT burning machine!
- How to control your sugar cravings by eating the right foods.
- How a Keto or Low Carb lifestyle is easy to sustain for a lifetime.
- Other benefits of living a low carb lifestyle (based on the science) and what that means.
- How diet and lifestyle impact cancer incidence and recurrence rates
- Success stories share their inspirational stories with you
OUR KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
- ERIC WESTMANis a practicing clinician, a #1 New York Times best-selling author, and an internationally recognized leader, speaker, educator, and advocate in his field. He is an Associate Professor of Medicine at Duke University Health System and the Director of the Duke Lifestyle Medical Clinic. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine, and has a Master’s Degree in clinical research, with over 90 peer-reviewed publications to his name. Dr. Westman has dedicated his life to helping patients with various medical conditions such as Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity, Hypertension, and many others through diet and lifestyle choices.
- NAOMI PARELLAis a practicing physician who sees patients across multiple clinics in the Chicagoland area. She is the Medical Director of the Rush Center for Weight Loss and Lifestyle Medicine, the Director of Strategy and Implementation for the Department of Surgery and is an Assistant Professor for the Department of Family Medicine and the Department of Surgery at Rush University Medical School. She is board certified in Family Medicine and Obesity Medicine, and additionally trained in Chinese herbal medicine. She is a nationally recognized expert and frequently invited speaker, educator and strategist for universities, hospitals, communities and businesses. Dr. Parrella is committed to teaching about diet and lifestyle choices and creating cultures where people of all ages achieve their optimum health.
- INBAR KIRSONis one of the founding members of Physicians for Weight Loss. She has a passion for teaching and a genuine commitment to educating her patients and the community on leading a healthy lifestyle. She has lectured around the country to both physicians and the general public. Dr. Kirson earned her medical degree at Rush University Medical Center and completed her residency at Lutheran General Hospital in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She went on to pursue advanced training and education in Obesity Medicine, successfully completing her Board Certification. She has been in private practice focusing strictly on the medical management of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders for 10 years. and is the only physician in the Midwest licensed to offer the KE Diet.
- CHRISTY KESSLERINGis the Medical Director of Radiation Oncology of Northwestern Medicine Radiation Oncology at CDH and Delnor Hospitals. She primarily practices at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital. She is Board Certified in Radiation Oncology. After completing medical school at Loyola University and residency at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, she joined Radiation Oncology Consultants, where she has been in private practice since 2000. Dr. Kesslering has a busy practice treating patients primarily with breast cancer and gynecologic malignancies such as endometrial and cervical cancers. Dr. Kesslering is passionate about how diet and lifestyle impact cancer incidence and recurrence rates and works with patients to make positive changes in their lives.
SIGNATURE WORKSHOP presented by Dr. Eric Westman (for beginners)
Dr. Westman will host his signature 1-hour workshop at 4pm. This will include a 20-page diet manual for you to take home, which he will go through in detail during the workshop. This workshop will give you all the tools you need, to get started on your new lifestyle right away!
BREAK OUT SESSION:
To be announced
ON EVENT DAY:
Registration: Will begin at 7:45 am – Presentations will begin promptly at 9:00 am
Snacks: ADAPT keto snacks upon registration + coffee/tea, and refreshments will be available.
Lunch: A Low Carb pre-packaged mediterranean chicken salad will be available during the lunch break. You are welcome to bring your own lunch if you prefer. (Casual standing/networking lunch break)
Prizes: We have great giveaways! You will receive a raffle ticket upon registration. Keep it safe! Drawings will be done after the presentations, see Agenda for more details.
Agenda: Available at registration upon arrival
RAFFLE PRIZES DONATED BY:
- Amy Berger – “The Alzheimer’s Antidote”
- Natasha Newton – “Southern Keto”
- Dr. Jeff Gerber / Ivor Cummins – “Eat Rich Live Long”
- Kristie Sullivan – “Keto Living Day by Day”
- Maria/Craig Emmerich – “KETO”
- Maria Emmerich – “KETO Comfort Foods”
- Kelly Tan Peterson – Bilingual recipe book, “KETO EAST” – Cooking Asian
- Heal Clinics – “The Low-Carb Diabetes Solution Cookbook” by Dana Carpenter
- Rachel Gregory – 21-Day Ketogenic Diet & Weightloss Challenge
- Adapt Your Life – Assortment of ADAPT products