- This event has passed.
Mini KetoFest Minnesota
MN Keto MinneFest will include cooking demonstrations by local individuals as well as Maria Emmerich. After cooking demos, Maria Emmerich will be speaking, answering questions and we will have Maria’s books available for sale. There will also be a chance to try keto friendly LUV Ice Cream. This event is a great opportunity to meet and network other Ketogenic people in your area, including fasting expert Brenda Zorn from IDM and Carl Franklin of the 2KetoDudes – the guy who started it all! The Minnesota Ketonians Group will be available to answer any questions about the monthly meet-up group. This event is inspired by the original Ketofest. There are a limited number of VIP tickets available that will allow you to have breakfast with Brenda and Carl from 9:30 – 10:30 prior to the Keto MinneFest.
Ketofest was dreamed up by Carl Franklin, one of the 2 Keto Dudes. He and fellow dude Richard Morris held the first Ketofest in New London, CT in July of 2017.
Ketofest is a festival for those following a low-carb/ketogenic diet. The original Ketofest was comprised of Social Saturday and Science Sunday. Social Saturday consisted of food and fun with other attendees and Science Sunday had talks from some of the top thought-leaders in the low-carb world. We are taking those concepts and compressing them down into one day.
Imagine spending a day with dozens of other low-carbers at the beautiful St. Croix Yacht Club in Stillwater, MN! Keto MinneFest is not a conference – it’s a festival! Conferences are for professionals; festivals are for people! Ketofest is for real people who want to learn the science behind, and practical applications of, the ketogenic lifestyle as a food-based remedy for numerous “diseases of civilization.”
No company owns keto. There are no required products. There is just food and knowledge.
Ketofest is a celebration of life for those who value the continuous benefits of nutritional ketosis.
Schedule (May be subject to change)
- 9:00 – 11:00 Check-in and Mingle
- 9:15 – 10:30 – Recreational River Walk or Run
- 9:30 – 10:30 – VIP Breakfast with Carl Franklin (from 2 Keto Dudes podcast) and Brenda Zorn (A fasting expert with the IDM Program) . (Must have VIP ticket.)
- 9:45 – 10:30 – Cheese-making demonstration – Pamela Zorn
- 11:00 – 11:30 – Introductions and kick off
- 11:30 – 12:00 – Cooking Demonstration – Pork Rind Pancakes – Brenda Zorn
- 12:15 – 12:45 – Cooking Demonstration – Pizza Burgers – Ro Sitaram
- 12:45 – 1:30 – Lunch will be served
- 1:30 – 2:00 – Cooking Demonstration – Mama Maria’s Meatballs – Maria Emmerich
- 2:00 – 2:30 – Cooking Demonstration – Maria’s Flourless Chocolate Tort – Maria Emmerich
- 2:30 – 3:30 – Keto Presentation – Maria Emmerich
- 3:30 – 3:45 – Questions and Answers – Maria Emmerich
- 3:45 – 4:30 – Cheese-making demonstration – Pamela Zorn
- 3:45 – 4:30 – Ice Cream Social by LUV Ice Cream